Perhaps we get lost at times; as people, inside the wrongs we have endured. I know I have. Perhaps the wise words of one man should be taken to heart; "...it is okay to be happy, life is never going to be perfect, there are always going to be problems, but you have to see the positive through all the rest so you can see that things have gotten better than they were before." So, here we go...
Two years ago on this day I almost lost my job, a job that I needed and wanted for an important plan to change the lives of my children and myself forever. I managed to keep my job and I even got to spend the summer with my children doing fun stuff. I got a tan, I wore a bikini and I started becoming independent again. I worked long, strange hours until an opportunity presented itself that was much needed and sought after. Over a year ago I was in a much different place than I am now. I had just met a man that intrigued and challenged me. I was given a fulltime position at my job; the job I had decided to turn into a career. I was learning to love a man in a healthy way; just learning what healthy was, period. Since then, I have accomplished a great deal; I have learned a great deal about my career, I have completed management school, I am now an assistant manager, I got a raise, I have a new car, my children are stable and balanced, I am learning to handle conflict, I am learning to prioritize and I am learning to be a better person. I wasn't a bad person before, but I feel that somehow I am more complete now than I was two years ago, heck, even one year ago. I helped make a plan for the future; which scares and invigorates me at the same time because I don't like change. I am learning to adapt to change and I am learning more every single day. I am running again; baby steps is key. I am working towards accomplishing all my goals and soon I shall go back to school and finish my degree; well my new degree.
I realize I have a great deal to be happy for and even though I was getting lost in the negative, I am working on getting out of that place. That wise man was right; it is okay for me to be happy. So right now, I am sitting on my porch, watching the sun burn off the morning mist and I have a list that I am happy for.
I am happy for my life, the lives and health of those I love. I am happy for my true friends that never left me even when they could have walked away. I am happy for my accomplishments at work, the new stuff I do all the time and the trials that I face there that make me grow. I am happy for all the good things, for all the real things that I have been shown. I am happy that my boyfriend has patience and perseverance. I am happy that he is so driven and motivating. I am happy that he loves my face, that I am weird and most of all, that he loves all of me. I am happy that he and my children love each other and that every day they become more "ours". I am happy that the nightmares are slowing fading away and being replaced by dreams again.
I won't ever be 100% because that would make me perfect; and the world can't handle a perfect me. However, every day I am learning, working and growing into a better me; which is all I could ever ask for. I am happy here, and I will be happy "there" when it comes, but until then here is where I will be present...and happy I shall be.
Sunday, April 28, 2013
The Changes...For The Better
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment